Labour Migration: Revision Video Series
- AS, A-Level, IB
- AQA, Edexcel, OCR, IB, Eduqas, WJEC
Last updated 14 May 2020
This resource provides a series of short updated revision videos on aspects of labour migration.
The video series includes:
- Key data on migration for the UK economy
- Pull and push factors affecting labour migration
- Impact of net inward labour migration on aggregate demand
- Impact of net inward labour migration on aggregate supply
Video 1: Key Data on Labour Migration
Some of the key trends in net labour migration for the UK economy are covered in this short video.
Video 2: Labour Migration: Impact on AD and AS
In this video we consider how a high rate of net labour migration into an economy such as the UK can impact on both the components of aggregate demand and also aggregate supply in the short and long run.
Video 3: Labour Migration: Pull and Push Factors
In this video we look at some of the pull and push factors that might have explained the surge in net migration into the UK economy especially in the years prior to the 2016 EU referendum.