In the News
11 Signs of a Food Addiction
Perhaps not the best time of year to share this post, but an interesting entry, especially for those studying addiction or eating behaviour.
While identifying a smoking or gambling addiction can be straight forward, spotting the signs of an eating addiction is not that easy – as we all need to eat, and most of us enjoy eating.
According to Andina Pearson, there is a lack of research into ‘eating addiction’. Other experts argue whether food addictions are actually a true eating disorder. While the debate may be ongoing, the symptoms of a food addiction are similar to Binge Eating Disorder (BED), which has led some experts to claim that food addiction and BED go hand-in-hand.
To read the full article, click here.
The 11 Signs
- You Eat Enough, But Never Feel Full
- You Spend Too Much Money On Food
- Overeating Kind Of Stresses You Out
- You Have Cravings All The Time
- You Hide Food In Strange Places
- You Feel Guilty After Eating A Lot
- You Tend To Eat A Lot, Even When You Aren't Hungry
- You Actually Experience Withdrawal
- You Overeat When You Feel Sad Or Stressed
- You've Avoided Going To Parties
- You Aren't Deterred By Any Negative Consequences
To keep up-to-date with the tutor2u Psychology team, follow us on Twitter @tutor2uPsych, Facebook AQA / OCR / Edexcel / Student or subscribe to the Psychology Daily Digest and get new content delivered to your inbox!