Barriers to Economic Growth and Development
- AS, A-Level
- AQA, Edexcel, OCR, IB
Last updated 21 Mar 2021
What are some of the main barriers to economic growth and development?
This is a revision presentation covering examples of barriers ti economic growth and development in emerging and developing countries.
In their revision students should consider factors such as:
- Poor infrastructure
- Human capital inadequacies
- Primary product dependency
- Declining terms of trade
- Savings gap; inadequate capital accumulation
- Foreign currency gap and capital flight
- Corruption, poor governance, impact of civil war
- Population issues