Join us in London, Birmingham, Bristol or Portsmouth for a Grade Booster Cinema Workshop and smash your exams this summer!

Topic updates

Sustainable Business - The Zero Waste Restaurant in Hackney

Graham Watson

24th November 2022

The very embodiment of a sustainable business - this zero waste restaurant, "Silo" in Hackney is looking to create a dining experience which generates no waste, using organic ingredients.

They reckon that they've got down to 95% of their inputs not generating any waste, and are onto tackling the remaining 5%, by a variety of creative means, including their lighting.

And here is an interesting video on sustainability from Poland

Carbon emissions are one of the major sources of climate change, and yet, this World Bank clip shows how even a town, located in a historic coal-mining region is starting to take collective action to diversify its economy and pivot towards the green economy. If places such as this can make these sorts of steps, why can't we?

Graham Watson

Graham Watson has taught Economics for over twenty years. He contributes to tutor2u, reads voraciously and is interested in all aspects of Teaching and Learning.

© 2002-2023 Tutor2u Limited. Company Reg no: 04489574. VAT reg no 816865400.