Theory & Methods Revision Guide for AQA A-Level Sociology
This 48-page printed revision guide provides AQA A-Level Sociology students with everything they need to know on Theory & Methods.
Is the resource licensed to be copied? No. Please do not photocopy, scan or otherwise distribute this resource. The license is for one copy purchased per student.
Bulk discount: This resource qualifies for a 10% price discount if your order contains a total order quantity of 5 or more tutor2u printed resources.
ABOUT THE THEORY & METHODS REVISION GUIDE FOR AQA A-LEVEL SOCIOLOGY
The Theory & Methods Revision Guide for AQA A-Level Sociology has been designed to help students become familiar with sociological explanations of the following content:
- quantitative and qualitative methods of research; research design
- sources of data, including questionnaires, interviews, participant and non-participant observation, experiments, documents and official statistics
- the distinction between primary and secondary data, and between quantitative and qualitative data
- the relationship between positivism, interpretivism and sociological methods; the nature of ‘social facts’
- the theoretical, practical and ethical considerations influencing choice of topic, choice of method(s) and the conduct of research
- consensus, conflict, structural and social action theories
- the concepts of modernity and post-modernity in relation to sociological theory
- the nature of science and the extent to which Sociology can be regarded as scientific
- the relationship between theory and methods
- debates about subjectivity, objectivity and value freedom
- the relationship between Sociology and social policy.
Student personal license
This licence is for the personal use of a student only.
The resource may be stored in digital and/or print format. It may not be distributed to any other person, nor used for teaching with groups of more than one student. The resource may not be shared with any other person in any way.
If your purchase is available as an 'Instant Download' and you choose this format, your resources will be available for download immediately after checkout within your mytutor2u account. If you do not already have an account, you will create one as part of the checkout process.
If your purchase is available as a 'Printed Resource', tutor2u uses DPD to deliver your resources.
In most cases, it will arrive the following day (if ordered before 3pm), but at busy times can take up to 3 working days. You will receive tracking information usually via email to track your parcel(s).
The office is open Monday to Friday, so any orders placed after 3pm on a Friday or at the weekend, will not be shipped until the following Monday.
Due to the nature of our digital resources, we do not normally offer any refunds for materials purchased from us. Our materials are not sold with digital rights protection - you are able to use them straightaway without password protection.
Each of our learning resources has a sample, extract, preview or detailed description supplied which clearly describes the content and purpose of each item. This gives you - the customer - a clear understanding of what you are purchasing.
Due to immediate access of digital resources, no refunds will be offered.
If you are unhappy with the content of your tutor2u resources, please let us know why and we will do all that is reasonable to meet your requirements.
If you have received damaged merchandise then we will ship another free of charge.
We will endeavour to arrange the appropriate refund or return within 7 working days of the matter being notified to our office.
To contact the tutor2u office about your transaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 01937 848885.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.