Essential AQA A-Level Business
This course provides a comprehensive and resource-packed guide to the structure of the AQA A-Level Business specification, the demands of the different questions, how students are assessed and help with teaching tricky topics.
- Face-to-face CPD
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All non-specialist, early career or inexperienced teachers delivering the AQA A-Level Business specification.
About the course
Please note that this CPD course contains some resources/content from Success in AQA A-Level Business.
What we'll cover
- We take a quick look at the AQA A-Level Business Specification and how the course is structured and assessed. We also outline the different types of questions within AQA A-Level Business
- Building on Session 1, we examine the different demands of each type of AQA A-Level Business question, with advice and guidance on how students can structure their answers to each question type to maximise their marks
- A deep dive in to exam technique with strategies and techniques that teachers can use in the classroom to develop their students knowledge and understanding, application, analysis and evaluation. We also examine how students exam answers are marked
- In this session we examine the common areas of weakness as well as the mistakes, misunderstandings and misconceptions that students make during the course
- Here we explore some topic areas and concepts that students often find difficult, such as PED, YED, CPA and Investment Appraisal, with ideas on how to deliver these topics, as well as resources to help teachers feel more confident when teaching them
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.
James is an experienced Head of Department, teacher, and A-Level Business examiner and team leader for a major awarding body.