Success In AQA A-Level Business
Resources and approaches to support effective revision and exam technique for AQA A-Level Business exams in summer 2024.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Success In
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
£294.00 inc VAT
All teachers supporting Year 13 students taking AQA A-Level Business in summer 2024
Tuesday February 6th 2024
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)
About the course
This course is focused on providing practical guidance and resources to help students maximise their exam performance in the AQA A-Level Business exam units.
Drawing on the recommendations from recent examiner reports and other exam board guidance, our subject experts will be on hand to guide you on areas to focus on during the second year of teaching and to help plan revision and exam practice lessons during the lead up to the exams, to ensure maximum success in the 2024 series.
What we'll cover
- A forensic look at the 2023 papers and examiner feedback.
- What did students do well and not so well?
- What are the key areas to focus on to help students prepare for 2024.
- We examine the different demands of each question and what students need to do to access the highest levels of the mark scheme.
- A deeper dive into exam technique, to help students develop their knowledge and understanding, application, analysis, and evaluation.
- We also explore assessment and how student's responses are marked to help you provide more effective feedback.
- The importance of quantitative skills and numerical concepts is explored and how students can use quantitative skills and numerical concepts to support their application, analysis and evaluation.
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.
Jamie is a highly experienced Head of Department, A-Level Business teacher and A-Level Business examiner.
Mike is an experienced Head of Department, teacher and A-level Business examiner. Mike is also a popular presenter on tutor2u CPD courses and student workshops.