Edexcel GCSE Business Grade Booster
Please note: this workshop is designed for Edexcel GCSE Business students only - it is not suitable for other exam boards such as AQA, eduqas or OCR.
- Cinema Workshops
- Grade Booster
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £30.00 (+VAT)
For Year 11 students preparing to Edexcel GCSE Business exams in 2024
Spring 2024 dates & locations
Booking information for our spring 2024 workshops
Priority group booking requests for schools and colleges
From Wednesday 1st November 2023, schools and colleges are invited to submit group booking requests. This priority booking request window will end on Friday 24th November 2023. Priority Bookings will then be entered into the system from the 27th November and you will then receive confirmation and an invoice.
A link to the priority group booking request form will appear here from Wednesday 1st November 2023.
Tickets for our spring 2024 workshops will go on general sale on Monday 4th December 2023.
Wednesday 6th March 2024
White Rose Centre (Cineworld)
Thursday 7th March 2024
Trafford Centre (Odeon Cinema)
Wednesday 13th March 2024
Cribbs Causeway (Vue Cinema)
Thursday 14th March 2024
Star City (Vue Cinema)
Thursday 21st March 2024
Westfield White City (Vue Cinema)
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- How to tackle non-contextualised / Section A explain questions
- Effective techniques to develop and strengthen application
- How to structure 6 mark analyse questions
- Practice questions for 3 and 6 markers & Be The Examiner
- The winning formula to structure strong 9 mark responses
- How to write detailed and balanced chains of argument
- How to make logical and fully justified recommendations
- Success in structuring 12 mark responses
- Analytical paragraph practice focussing on the interrelated nature of business
- Writing well reasoned and detailed conclusions
- Quickfire knowledge blast on core topics
- Building confidence in performing calculations
- Recapping the formulae & key quantitative skills
- Top tips for GCSE Business exam success
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2023 exams.
Learn more about the online support
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.
Mike is an experienced Head of Department, teacher and A-level Business examiner. Mike is also a popular presenter on tutor2u CPD courses and student workshops.
Susan Morris is an experienced GCSE and A-Level Business Teacher and Examiner