Edexcel A-Level Politics Grade Booster
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen – supported by online help all the way though to your final exam paper.
- Cinema Workshops
- Grade Booster
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £35.00 (+VAT)
For all Year 13 students preparing to take Edexcel A-Level Politics exams in summer 2023
Spring 2023 dates & locations
Book your places now for individual or group bookings
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- What the examiners are looking for
- Focus on AO1 - knowledge & understanding
- Making synoptic links
- Making the most of your Politics knowledge
- Focus on core and non-core political ideas questions
- Key terms and knowledge
- Focus on key thinkers and how to use them in essays
- Revision techniques for ideas topics
- Focus on AO3 and making judgements
- Focus on AO2 and linking arguments in an analytical way
- Paragraph writing techniques and conclusions
- Using a source and writing essays for source questions
- Focus on topical examples and knowledge of contemporary politics across topics
- Contemporary alternatives to "timeless classic" examples
- How to apply contemporary political knowledge to a range of topics and questions
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2023 exams.
Learn more about the online support
Ciára is the head of Politics in a North West London school and also a passionate History teacher. She is dedicated to equipping students with the political literacy needed to bring about societal change.
Clive is an experienced A-Level Politics teacher and examiner.
Duncan is an experienced social science and humanities teacher, writer and senior examiner. He has taught Politics and Sociology A Level for many years and has a PhD in Social History.
Do you have any questions?
We're here to help. If you have any questions about any of our events, please email email@example.com.