BTEC National Business Unit 3 Grade Booster
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen – supported by online help all the way though to your final exam paper.
- Cinema Workshops
- Grade Booster
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £30.00 (+VAT)
For all BTEC National Business students preparing to take the Unit 3 exam in May 2023
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- Section A Knowledge and Understanding
- Maximising Marks in the 1-4 mark questions
- Importance of Context and Balance in the Extended Response Questions
- Unpicking the Demands of the 6 and 12 mark questions in Section A
- Section B Knowledge and Understanding
- Interpreting and Analysing Data to Support an Argument
- Tackling the 8 mark "Analyse" Question
- Section A and Section B Knowledge and Understanding
- Maximising Performance in the 12 Mark Evaluate Question
- Section B Calculations Knowledge and Understanding
- 3 Step Approach to Calculation Questions
- Manipulating Formulas
- Revision of Statement of Comprehensive Income, Financial Ratios, Statement of Financial Position and Adjustments,
- Section A and B Quick Fire Knowledge Check
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2023 exams.
Learn more about the online support
Jim Riley is the co-Founder and CEO of tutor2u. Prior to founding tutor2u with twin brother Geoff in 2000, Jim was Director of Strategy for Thomson Travel Group. Prior to this Jim spent 10 years with PwC. Jim is a Fellow of the ICAEW and holds an MBA from Bradford Business School.
Michelle is a highly experienced teacher and advanced practitioner. She has taught in schools, colleges and universities both in the UK and overseas, playing a pivotal role in supporting colleagues to drive improvements in teaching and learning. She has also worked as an educational consultant, delivering sessions for Ofsted and further education colleges in the UK. Michelle has worked for a number of awarding bodies taking the role of examiner, external verifier and centre quality reviewer.