A-Level Law Grade Booster
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen – supported by online help all the way though to your final exam paper.
- Cinema Workshops
- Grade Booster
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £35.00 (+VAT)
For all Year 13 students preparing to take A-Level Law exams in summer 2023
Spring 2023 dates & locations
Book your places now for individual or group bookings
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- Our A-Level Law Grade Booster workshop day focuses on key exam skills and what examiners are looking for. The focus topics of the day include; Tort Law topics of Negligence and Vicarious Liability and the Criminal Law topics of Mental Capacity Defences (with a focus on intoxication) and Non-fatal offences against the person. Each session will feature exam technique and guidance, knowledge retrieval and application exam skills practice.
- Knowledge blast on the law of negligence
- How to structure a negligence scenario answer
- Focus activity: existing vs novel situations
- Be the examiner - unpicking student responses
- Structure guide: how to answer a negligence question
- Rapid retrieval: mental capacity defences
- Exam gold: spotting the key issues in mental capacity scenarios
- Focus activities: intoxication
- Guided practice: intoxication
- Quick fire retrieval: vicarious liability
- Exam gold: unpicking the demands of the question
- Common exam misconceptions
- Structure flow diagram
- Snapshot apply: vicarious liability
- Caught on camera
- Identifying non-fatal offences against the person
- Exam gold: how to apply to more than one person in the exam
- Focus activity: non-fatal offences against the person
- Structuring your knowledge
- Takeaway writing frames
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2023 exams.
Learn more about the online support
Daniel is an experienced A-Level Law teacher.
Gemma is an experience A-Level Law teacher and examiner.
Robina is an experienced A-Level Law Teacher, Examiner and Head of School for Law
Sarah is the Subject Lead for Law at tutor2u and is an experienced Law Teacher and Examiner.
Do you have any questions?
We're here to help. If you have any questions about any of our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.