A-Level Law Grade Booster
Join the tutor2u subject experts for a full day of crucial exam technique and core topic revision, all delivered on the big cinema screen.
- Cinema Workshops
- Grade Booster
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £36.00 inc VAT
For all Year 13 students preparing to take A-Level Law exams in summer 2024
Spring 2024 dates & locations
Book your places now for individual or group bookings
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by the trusted tutor2u subject teams, all of whom know what students need to succeed in the 2024 exams.
Each workshop has four fast-paced, interactive and fun sessions delivered in the cinema screen. You’ll take away lots of great advice on effective exam technique, and a fantastic workshop booklet packed with useful information.
Plus, you also get an enrolment on the supporting Grade Booster online course, providing hours of extra help all the way to your final exam.
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by the tutor2u subject experts
Dedicated workshop booklet packed with useful advice on exam technique
Enrolment on the supporting Grade Booster online course for your workshop
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- Our A-Level Law Grade Booster workshop day focuses on key exam skills and what examiners are looking for. The focus topics of the day include; Tort Law topics of Negligence and Vicarious Liability and the Criminal Law topics of Mental Capacity Defences (with a focus on intoxication) and Non-fatal offences against the person. Each session will feature exam technique and guidance, knowledge retrieval and application exam skills practice.
- Knowledge blast on the law of negligence
- How to structure a negligence scenario answer
- Focus activity: existing vs novel situations
- Be the examiner - unpicking student responses
- Structure guide: how to answer a negligence question
- Rapid retrieval: mental capacity defences
- Exam gold: spotting the key issues in mental capacity scenarios
- Focus activities: intoxication
- Guided practice: intoxication
- Quick fire retrieval: vicarious liability
- Exam gold: unpicking the demands of the question
- Common exam misconceptions
- Structure flow diagram
- Snapshot apply: vicarious liability
- Caught on camera
- Identifying non-fatal offences against the person
- Exam gold: how to apply to more than one person in the exam
- Focus activity: non-fatal offences against the person
- Structuring your knowledge
- Takeaway writing frames
To provide an even more effective support for students, we support all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online course which helps students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster online course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. This combination of cinema + online course provides an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2024 exams.
Learn more about the online support
Daniel is an experienced A-Level Law teacher.
Gemma is an experience A-Level Law teacher and examiner.
Laura is an experienced Law teacher, Examiner and Head of Department for A Level and BTEC Law.
Robina is an experienced A-Level Law Teacher, Examiner and Head of School for Law
Sarah is the Subject Lead for Law at tutor2u and is an experienced Law Teacher and Examiner.