A-Level Economics Strong Foundations
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen.
- Cinema Workshops
- Strong Foundations
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £36.00 inc VAT
For all Year 13 A-Level Economics students taking exams in 2024
Autumn 2023 dates & locations
Book your places now for individual or group bookings
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Strong Foundations workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- In this session we will review some of the key content from Year 12 micro and macro that is essential for nailing more advanced Year 13 content eg elasticity, government intervention, macro objectives
- In this session we will review some of the key micro policies covered in Year 12 (eg indirect tax, subsidy, price controls (max and min price), regulation) and look at their use in different industry contexts for year 13 micro; this session will help to develop the key micro application skills for exam success
- In Session 3 we will focus on the main macro policies you covered in Year 12 eg fiscal, monetary, and supply side policies, and look at their use in different country contexts. As with Session 2, this session will help to build application skills for success in macro exam questions.
- This fun, varied and fast-paced afternoon session includes lots of little activities aimed to help prevent loss of important marks. We’ll review some key calculation skills, look at how to use diagrams really effectively, consider some commonly confused terms and finish with a look at command words.
Geoff is co-founder of tutor2u and highly experienced Economics teacher, examiner and author. Geoff is also a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts.
Jon is an experienced A-Level and GCSE economics teacher, presenter and author. Jon also leads tutor2u's research and development activities into resource innovation and our online platform.
Experienced teacher of Economics and Politics, formerly HOD at Bedales School. Ruth is also a senior examiner.