A-Level Business Strong Foundations
This intensive one-day workshop is designed to provide Year 13 AQA and Edexcel A-Level Business students with a boost to their exam skills ahead of mocks, other Year 13 assessments and the final exams in May/June 2024.
- Cinema Workshops
- Strong Foundations
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £30.00 (+VAT)
For all AQA or Edexcel Year 13 A-Level Business Students taking exams in 2024
Autumn 2023 dates & locations
Book your places now for individual or group bookings
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Strong Foundations workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Please note: this course is only suitable for AQA and Edexcel A-Level Business students.
The focus on the day is exam skills. Throughout each session, we'll draw on topics and contexts that are based on content typically taught in Year 12 - the day is a great way for students to revise and recap Year 12 content too!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- Writing contextualised answers that are rooted in the case study
- Understand what the examiners are looking for in terms of application
- Techniques to help pick out key application points
- Using date effectively to ensure answers are in context
- What do we mean by analysis?
- Developing effective lines of analysis so that answers go beyond just stating advantages and disadvantages
- The importance of models, theories and specialist terminology to hone and sharpen analysis
- Writing strong conclusions, judgements and recommendations
- The importance of balance in evaluation and how to show it
- Using quantitative and qualitative data when writing conclusions, judgements and recommendations
- Strategies to help develop evaluation
- Nailing the numerical questions
- Using calculations to support application, analysis and evaluation
- Increase confidence in quantitative skills and numerical concepts
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.