A-Level Business Strong Foundations
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen.
- Cinema Workshops
- Strong Foundations
- 10.30am-3.15pm (Registration from 9.45am)
- £30.00 (+VAT)
For all Year 13 A-Level Business Students as they complete their autumn 2022 term.
About the workshop
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2023 exams.
Each Strong Foundations workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
Designed and delivered by highly experienced presenters
Dedicated workshop booklet
40% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources
What we'll cover
- The importance of knowledge and understanding
- Writing contextualised answers that are rooted in the case study
- Understand what the examiners are looking for in terms of application
- Techniques to help pick out key application points
- Using date effectively to ensure answers are in context
- What do we mean by analysis?
- Developing effective lines of analysis so that answers go beyond just stating advantages and disadvantages
- The importance of models, theories and specialist terminology to hone and sharpen analysis
- Writing strong conclusions, judgements and recommendations
- The importance of balance in evaluation and how to show it
- Using quantitative and qualitative data when writing conclusions, judgements and recommendations
- Strategies to help develop evaluation
- Nailing the numerical questions
- Using calculations to support application, analysis and evaluation
- Increase confidence in quantitative skills and numerical concepts
Graham is Subject Lead for A-Level Business at tutor2u. He is an experienced Business teacher, examiner and author.
Jim Riley is the co-Founder and CEO of tutor2u. Prior to founding tutor2u with twin brother Geoff in 2000, Jim was Director of Strategy for Thomson Travel Group. Prior to this Jim spent 10 years with PwC. Jim is a Fellow of the ICAEW and holds an MBA from Bradford Business School.
Do you have any questions?
We're here to help. If you have any questions about any of our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.