Success In BTEC National Business Unit 2
Resources and approaches to support effective revision and exam technique for learners taking Unit 2.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Success In
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
£245.00 inc VAT
All teachers supporting learners preparing for their Unit 2 assessment.
About the course
This course is focused on providing practical guidance and resources to help students maximise their exam performance in Unit 2.
Drawing on the recommendations from recent examiner reports and other exam board guidance, our subject experts will be on hand to help you focus revision and exam practice lessons in the crucial period leading up to the Unit 2 assessment.
What we'll cover
- Reminder about assessment structure
- Review of Unit 2 performance
- Where marks are lost
- What the examiner has said
- Key areas to address
- Approaches to delivery
- Teaching to the Test
- When should learners take Unit 2?
- Assessment practice & mocks
- Assessment delivery guide
- What learners can and can't do in Section A
- Those two pages of A4 notes - content and structure
- Large cohort logistics & supervision of Section A notes
- Common issues with running the assessment window and submitting learner work
- What's the difference between Pass, Merit & Distinction?
- Building confidence with tackling the research pack
- Drawing out the key information from Section A
- Why Section B information is so important - and how to use it
- Activity 1: Justification - SWOT, PESTLE or PLC?
- Activity 2: Extended Marketing Mix
- Activity 2: Campaign Plan, Costs & Timetable
- Spotting areas for improvement in learner responses
- Using the JAM approach for better responses
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Amanda is an experienced Business teacher in the Post 16 sector and has taught an array of courses including A-Level, Applied A-Level and BTEC across a range of specifications. In addition she has been an Examiner and Team leader for A-level for many years and moved more recently to become a BTEC external examiner. Her current teaching role is at a large diverse 6th Form college delivering A-Level and BTEC qualifications.
Angela Coates is an experienced teacher specialising in the planning and delivery of BTEC Level 2 and 3 Business at a school in the North East of England. Angela is an experienced team leader and examiner for Pearson.