Leading a Business & Economics Department
This CPD course aims to increase your confidence, and build your knowledge about leading a successful department. We will explore the key challenges and suggest strategies for developing teaching, learning and assessment resources.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Department Management
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All teachers leading a Business and/or Economics Department
What we'll cover
- Planning the academic year
- Strategies for developing the broad range of skills needed for Business and/or Economics
- Choosing an awarding body that suits your students
- Strategies for curriculum development, producing resources, pastoral, managing others, extension / enrichment opportunities
- Supporting teachers and colleagues in the department
- Managing parents
- Managing the demands of senior management
- Being Ofsted ready
- Managing the demands of the the different Key Stages
- Enrichment and extension Strategies
- Skills needed for an effective leader of a department
- Using data effectively
- Managing budgets
- Managing your own time
- Managing your professional development
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Jon is an experienced A-Level and GCSE economics teacher, presenter and author. Jon also leads tutor2u's research and development activities into resource innovation and our online platform.
Mike is an experienced Head of Department, teacher and A-level Business examiner. Mike is also a popular presenter on tutor2u CPD courses and student workshops.
Experienced teacher of Economics and Politics, formerly HOD at Bedales School. Ruth is also a senior examiner.
About Department Management
Designed to provide practical advice, support and resources to support teachers managing their departments.