Essential Edexcel A-Level Business
This course provides a comprehensive and resource-packed guide to the structure of the Edexcel A-Level Business specification, the demands of the different questions, how students are assessed and teaching tricky topics.
- Face-to-face CPD
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
£315.00 inc VAT
All non-specialist, early career or inexperienced teachers delivering the Edexcel A-Level Business specification.
Wednesday July 3rd 2024
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)£315.00 inc VAT
About the course
Please note that this CPD course contains some resources/content from Success in Edexcel A-Level Business.
What we'll cover
- We take a quick look at the Edexcel A-Level Business Specification and how the course is structured and assessed. We also outline the different types of questions within Edexcel A-Level Business and look at how to tackle the Paper 3 pre-release
- Building on Session 1, we examine the different demands of each type of Edexcel A-Level Business question, with advice and guidance on how students can structure their answers to each question type to maximise their marks
- A deep dive in to exam technique with techniques and strategies that teachers can use in the classroom to develop their students knowledge and understanding, application, analysis and evaluation. We also examine how students exam answers are marked and look at some sample answers
- Here, we quickly examine the common areas of weakness, as well as the mistakes, misunderstandings and misconceptions that students make during the course
- Here we explore some topic areas and concepts that students often find difficult, such as PED, YED, CPA and Investment Appraisal, with ideas on how to deliver these topics, as well as resources to help teachers feel more confident when teaching them
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
All attendees receive a 20% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u print or digital resources
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.