Essential A-Level Economics Year 13 Macroeconomics
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the effective teaching of macroeconomics topics and concepts typically taught in the second year of A-Level Economics.
- Face-to-face CPD
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
£315.00 inc VAT
All non-specialist, early career or inexperienced Economics teachers.
Thursday June 27th 2024
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)£315.00 inc VAT
What we'll cover
- Overview of core topics - what they are and what they mean
- Overview of the teaching year - planning your time and structuring your teaching
- The meaning and nature of globalisation from an economics perspective
- Exchange rate theory
- Theories of international trade
- Protectionism - why and how
- Economic integration
- Exam-style questions
- Dealing with the long lists in the specification
- Linking with poverty and inequality
- Engaging students and integration with other topics
- Exam-style questions
- Fiscal policy - international perspectives, government debt, and the fine detail
- Monetary policy - more than interest rates!
- Essential exam technique
- Overview of the significant differences between specifications
- Terminology, concepts and diagrams
- Financial market failure - linking with Year 12 Micro
- Financial markets policies - linking with Year 12 and 13 Micro
- Linking with other topics and preparing students for Paper 3
- Using data and examples
- Supporting quantitative skills
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
All attendees receive a 20% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u print or digital resources
Jon is an experienced A-Level and GCSE economics teacher, presenter and author. Jon also leads tutor2u's research and development activities into resource innovation and our online platform.
Experienced teacher of Economics and Politics, formerly HOD at Bedales School. Ruth is also a senior examiner.