Success In Edexcel GCSE Business
Resources and approaches to support effective revision and exam technique for Edexcel GCSE Business exams in summer 2024.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Success In
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All teachers supporting Year 11 students taking Edexcel GCSE Business in summer 2024.
Friday February 2nd 2024
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)
About the course
This course is focused on providing practical guidance and resources to help students maximise their exam performance in the Edexcel GCSE Business exam units.
Drawing on the recommendations from examiner reports and other exam board guidance, our subject experts will be on hand to guide you on areas to focus on during the second year of teaching and to help plan revision and exam practice lessons during the lead up to the exams, to ensure maximum success in the 2024 series.
What we'll cover
- A quick overview of the basics in terms of course content, grade boundaries and recent specification changes effective from the 2023 exam series.
- A forensic look at the 2023 papers and examiner feedback.
- What did students do well and not so well?
- What are the key areas to focus on to help students prepare for 2024?
- A deep dive into the demands of each question type, helping students to effectively structure their responses under timed conditions.
- We will also explore assessment and how student responses are marked to help you provide more effective feedback.
- An exploration of different resources to help students understand the technique required for exam success in quantitative skills, short answer and case study questions.
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Graham Prior is Subject Lead for GCSE, A-Level Business, and IB Business and Management at tutor2u. He is an experienced teacher, examiner, head of department and author.