Success In BTEC National Business Unit 7
Resources and approaches to support effective revision and exam technique for learners taking Unit 7.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Success In
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All teachers supporting learners preparing for their Unit 7 assessment.
Wednesday June 28th 2023
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)
About the course
This course is focused on providing practical guidance and resources to help students maximise their exam performance in Unit 7.
Drawing on the recommendations from recent examiner reports and other exam board guidance, our subject experts will be on hand to help you focus revision and exam practice lessons in the crucial period leading up to the Unit 7 assessment.
What we'll cover
- Reminder of the assessment structure
- Review of Unit 7 assessment performance in 2022
- Where marks are lost
- Key areas to address
- Successful approaches to delivery
- Building confidence in financial forecasting and data interpretation
- Effective use of models to aid decision making – what’s required?
- Developing learners assessment skills to maximise marks – approaches
- The importance of assessment practice – what to use, when and how?
- How to build learner understanding of how they will be assessed
- ‘Be the Examiner’ Activity 1 (tutor2u Assessment – Cosy Nights)
- Key reasons for underachievement in Activity 2
- What’s required to reach the higher band levels in Activity 2
- Supporting learners to maximise performance.
- ‘Be the Examiner’ Activity 2 (tutor2u Assessment – Cosy Nights)
- Preparing students for the Unit 7 Assessment to ensure they are confident and ready for the assessment.
- The final four weeks teaching Unit 7 – top tips
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
As a current head of vocational education Justina has been teaching Business for the past 20 years at both Level 2 and 3. Having graduated with a BA (Hons) in Business and ICT Education she is an experienced moderator and examiner, QN and LIV.
Michelle is a highly experienced teacher and advanced practitioner. She has taught in schools, colleges and universities both in the UK and overseas, playing a pivotal role in supporting colleagues to drive improvements in teaching and learning. She has also worked as an educational consultant, delivering sessions for Ofsted and further education colleges in the UK. Michelle has worked for a number of awarding bodies taking the role of examiner, external verifier and centre quality reviewer.
Sara is an FE teacher with over 20 years’ experience teaching Business and Finance from levels 2 to 5 including BTEC, A-Level, T-Level and has written specifications and exams that have been accredited for delivery by Sussex University and Liverpool John Moors. She has also taught English for a number of years, as well as Level 3 Core Maths in Quantitative Reasoning for Engineering.
About Success In
Focused on exam performance. Designed to help teachers maximise their students' performance in external exams.
We're here to help. If you have any questions about any of our events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.