Success In BTEC National Business Unit 7
Resources and approaches to support effective revision and exam technique for learners taking Unit 7.
- Face-to-face CPD
- Success In
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All teachers supporting learners preparing for their Unit 7 assessment.
About the course
This course is focused on providing practical guidance and resources to help students maximise their exam performance in Unit 7.
Drawing on the recommendations from recent examiner reports and other exam board guidance, our subject experts will be on hand to help you focus revision and exam practice lessons in the crucial period leading up to the Unit 7 assessment.
What we'll cover
- Reminder of the assessment structure
- Review of Unit 7 assessment performance in 2022
- Where marks are lost
- Key areas to address
- Successful approaches to delivery
- Building confidence in financial forecasting and data interpretation
- Effective use of models to aid decision making – what’s required?
- Developing learners assessment skills to maximise marks – approaches
- The importance of assessment practice – what to use, when and how?
- How to build learner understanding of how they will be assessed
- ‘Be the Examiner’ Activity 1 (tutor2u Assessment – Cosy Nights)
- Key reasons for underachievement in Activity 2
- What’s required to reach the higher band levels in Activity 2
- Supporting learners to maximise performance.
- ‘Be the Examiner’ Activity 2 (tutor2u Assessment – Cosy Nights)
- Preparing students for the Unit 7 Assessment to ensure they are confident and ready for the assessment.
- The final four weeks teaching Unit 7 – top tips
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Jim Riley is the co-Founder and CEO of tutor2u. Prior to founding tutor2u with twin brother Geoff in 2000, Jim was Director of Strategy for Thomson Travel Group. Prior to this Jim spent 10 years with PwC. Jim is a Fellow of the ICAEW and holds an MBA from Bradford Business School.
Sara is an FE teacher with over 20 years’ experience teaching Business and Finance from levels 2 to 5 including BTEC, A-Level, T-Level and has written specifications and exams that have been accredited for delivery by Sussex University and Liverpool John Moors. She has also taught English for a number of years, as well as Level 3 Core Maths in Quantitative Reasoning for Engineering.