Essential A-Level Economics Year 12 Microeconomics
This course is intended to provide a comprehensive introduction to the effective teaching of microeconomics topics and concepts typically taught in the first year of A-Level Economics.
- Face-to-face CPD
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All non-specialist, early career or inexperienced Economics teachers.
What we'll cover
- Overview of core topics - what they are and what they mean
- Overview of the teaching year - planning your time and structuring your teaching
- Introducing markets - essential background knowledge
- Demand, supply and the price mechanism
- Mastering elasticities
- Essential exam technique for market theory
- An overview of market failure - what it is and what it's not
- Types of market failure - terminology, examples, diagrams and pitfalls
- Essential exam technique for market failure
- An overview of the policies and their uses
- Policies - the fine detail, pros and cons
- Government failure
- Essential exam technique for market failure policies
- Linking Year 12 Micro with other topics in A level Economics
- Using data and examples
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Jon is an experienced A-Level and GCSE economics teacher, presenter and author. Jon also leads tutor2u's research and development activities into resource innovation and our online platform.
Experienced teacher of Economics and Politics, formerly HOD at Bedales School. Ruth is also a senior examiner.