Essential A-Level Economics: Year 12 Macroeconomics
This course is designed to provide a comprehensive introduction to the effective teaching of macroeconomics topics and concepts typically taught in the first year of A-Level Economics.
- Face-to-face CPD
- 1 day (10am to 3.15pm)
- £245.00 (+VAT)
All non-specialist, early career or inexperienced Economics teachers.
Wednesday June 21st 2023
London - The Clermont Hotel (Charing Cross)
What we'll cover
- Overview of core topics - what they are and what they mean
- Overview of the teaching year - planning your time and structuring your teaching
- Introduction to the macroeconomic objectives
- Measuring performance - pros and cons of the measures
- Essential quantitative skills
- The fine detail of low unemployment, stable prices, steady growth and balanced trade
- Other objectives and their importance
- Thinking about the UK and the Global Economy
- The mechanics of AD and AS - Keynesian and Neoclassical views
- Macroeconomic equilibrium
- Using AD and AS to analyse economic problems
- Fiscal policy
- Monetary policy
- Supply side policy
- Conflicts between objectives
- Making connections with other topics
- More quantitative skills
The tutor2u approach to CPD
A full day of CPD designed and delivered by experienced subject specialists
Practical, ready-to-use resources that you can put to use and share with colleagues as soon as you return to the classroom
A chance to have your questions answered, and teaching problems solved
An invaluable opportunity to share ideas and experiences with colleagues from other centres and to build a network of contacts
Refreshments throughout the day and a buffet lunch
Jon is an experienced A-Level and GCSE economics teacher, presenter and author. Jon also leads tutor2u's research and development activities into resource innovation and our online platform.
Experienced teacher of Economics and Politics, formerly HOD at Bedales School. Ruth is also a senior examiner.
Designed to support all non-specialist, early career or inexperienced teachers delivering specific qualifications.
We're here to help. If you have any questions about any of our events, please email email@example.com.