Student Revision Workshop
Edexcel A-Level Politics Grade Booster 2022
For all Year 13 students preparing to take Edexcel A-Level Politics exams in summer 2022
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen – supported by online help all the way though to your final exam paper.
What you can expect
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2022 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Session 1 What do you know?
- Advance information 2022 - what it is and how to use it
- What the examiners are looking for
- Focus on AO1 - knowledge & understanding
- Making synoptic links
- Making the most of your Politics knowledge
Session 2 The Big Idea
- Focus on core and non-core political ideas questions
- Key terms and knowledge
- Focus on key thinkers and how to use them in essays
- Revision techniques for ideas topics
Session 3 Perfecting Your Essays
- Focus on AO3 and making judgements
- Focus on AO2 and linking arguments in an analytical way
- Paragraph writing techniques and conclusions
- Using a source and writing essays for source questions
Session 4 Have I Got Politics News For You!
- Focus on topical examples and knowledge of contemporary politics across topics
- Contemporary alternatives to "timeless classic" examples
- How to apply contemporary political knowledge to a range of topics and questions
Dates & Locations
The price per attendee is £35.00 +VAT
- Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
- Dedicated workshop booklet
- Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
- 25% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources.
Grade Booster Digital
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2022 exams.
Learn about the online course
What other attendees say
"We bring our students to the tutor2u workshops every year. It's a wonderful opportunity to focus on one subject for the whole day and leave with lots of great advice on exam technique"
HOD Psychology (AQA)
"Invaluable day of exam preparation for our students. Very different to the lectures that other conferences offer. The sessions are so focused on skills and how to apply them."
Economics Teacher (Edexcel)
"I just want to thank Graham and team for an amazing day at Westfield yesterday. My friends and I are feeling so much more confident about how to tackle our papers."
Business Student (Edexcel, A-Level)
"Buzzing after the sociology workshops with duncan and craig. my students loved them - great format and hard work but worth it"
Sociology Teacher (AQA A-Level)
Duncan is an experienced social science and humanities teacher, writer and senior examiner. He has taught Politics and Sociology A Level for many years and has a PhD in Social History.
Ciara is an experienced A-Level Politics teacher and examiner.
Clive is an experienced A-Level Politics teacher and examiner.