Student Revision Workshop
AQA A-Level Geography Grade Booster 2022
For all Year 13 students preparing to take AQA A-Level Geography exams in summer 2022
Join our experienced presenters for a day of fast-paced revision & essential exam technique advice on the big cinema screen – supported by online help all the way though to your final exam paper.
What you can expect
Our cinema workshops are designed and delivered by experienced teacher and examiner presenters, all of whom have a deep understanding of what students need to focus on in order to succeed in the 2022 exams.
Each Grade Booster workshop runs from 10.30 a.m. until 3.10 p.m. with four sessions delivered in the cinema screen by our specialist presenters. Students have a short break during the morning and 50-60 mins to relax over lunch before returning for a fast-paced, intensive afternoon session!
Session 1: Kicking off on the right foot!
- Advance information for 2022 and how to use it
- Focus on geographical systems
- Starting point and development
- The 4 x 4 challenge
Session 2: The Tardis question
- AO1 and AO2: what’s the main difference?
- The six inter-linking columns that raise a response
- The 20-mark examiner criteria
- Be the examiner (part one)
- Planning and 20-mark tips
Session 3: No-problem niners
- Mark criteria for 9-mark questions
- Stimulus material 9-markers
- The resource-free 9-mark question
- Looking for links
- Be the examiner (part two)
Session 4: Roll a winning pair of sixes
- The quantitative resource 6-marker
- Data descriptors
- The qualitative resource 6-marker
- ‘And your own knowledge’: Be the examiner (Part three)
- Exam paper structure reminder and top tips
Dates & Locations
The price per attendee is £35.00 +VAT
- Full day of engaged learning in a modern, multiplex cinema
- Dedicated workshop booklet
- Free enrolment on Grade Booster Digital, the supporting online course
- 25% one-time discount code to use on any tutor2u printed resources.
Grade Booster Digital
To provide an even more effective support for students, we are combining all our cinema workshops with a comprehensive online support course (Grade Booster Digital) which will help students from the moment they book their cinema place to the date of their final exam in the summer.
Each Grade Booster Digital course provides significant additional resources that complements what students cover during their cinema workshop. We’re confident that this combination of cinema + online course will provide an unrivalled support for students as they prepare for summer 2022 exams.
Learn about the online course
What other attendees say
"We bring our students to the tutor2u workshops every year. It's a wonderful opportunity to focus on one subject for the whole day and leave with lots of great advice on exam technique"
HOD Psychology (AQA)
"Invaluable day of exam preparation for our students. Very different to the lectures that other conferences offer. The sessions are so focused on skills and how to apply them."
Economics Teacher (Edexcel)
"I just want to thank Graham and team for an amazing day at Westfield yesterday. My friends and I are feeling so much more confident about how to tackle our papers."
Business Student (Edexcel, A-Level)
"Buzzing after the sociology workshops with duncan and craig. my students loved them - great format and hard work but worth it"
Sociology Teacher (AQA A-Level)
Alice Griffiths is Subject Lead for Geography at tutor2u and has taught over a period of almost twenty years. She is a published author and editor of a wide range of A level Geography resources and has also created award-winning, online content for younger students.
Brendan is a Geography teacher with over thirty years' experience in 11-18 schools. He has authored a wide range of published resources including texts, materials for assessment and the use of GIS. Brendan also trains teachers undertaking the PGCE programme.