AQA, Home basedSchool website
Posted 24th September 2020
- Job location:
- Home based
- Closing date:
- 31st March 2021
- Interview date(s):
- To be confirmed
- Start date:
- June 2020
AQA is an independent education charity and the largest provider of academic qualifications taught in schools and colleges. We work with around 27,000 teachers, lecturers, subject experts and academics, to set and mark papers for around half of all GCSEs and A-levels.
Our examiners are made up of newly qualified and experienced teachers who mark an agreed allocation of scripts in line with the set mark scheme. The marking period is between 3 to 4 weeks and takes place immediately after the exams have been sat.
- As an examiner, you’ll mark exam papers in your specialist subject at home, usually through an online system.
- We’ll make sure you’re trained appropriately and able to mark in line with the mark scheme prior to the exams commencing.
- You’ll mark an agreed allocation of exam papers, these typically consist of around 150 to 350 scripts.
- At least three full terms of recent teaching experience in the subject(s) and level(s) that you’re applying to mark.
- Appropriate academic qualifications in the subject, such as a degree and teaching qualification, or equivalent.
- You will receive full training and support, including help with the online marking and training tools along with distance learning material so you can apply the mark scheme and test your understanding.
- An allocated team leader will mentor you throughout the marking process, and periodically check your marking to reassure you that you’re doing it right.
- You will have access to comprehensive, tailored information on your own web page on the examiner extranet.
- Exam marking is a rewarding experience which gives you great insight into the assessment process. It’s an excellent opportunity to build CPD and boost your CV, as well as progression opportunities to a team leader or senior examiner.
How to apply
To join our team of examiners apply online now www.aqa.org.uk/apply
We'll process your application within 24 hours.
If your subject is not currently open you can also submit your details to our expression of interest database. We will then contact you as soon as vacancies become available.
You do not need to apply for this position if you are currently an examiner with us, or have already applied with us.
Name: Rob Dougan
Tel: 01483 556161
Advertise your teaching vacancy
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.
Hear about new jobs
Be the first to hear about new jobs by signing up for our email alerts.