Examiner - GCSE Business (2017 Specification)
Pearson, HomeworkingSchool website
Posted 16th January 2019
- Job location:
- Closing date:
- 30 April 2019
- Interview date(s):
- To be confirmed
- Start date:
- May 2019
A GCSE Business (2017 specification) Examiner will mark candidates’ responses in accordance with the pre-defined mark scheme, whilst adhering to conditions of recognition and examination procedures. Most subjects will be marked onscreen using ePEN, which can be done from home. A few subjects are still marked in the traditional method, using paper scripts sent through the post. A high level of subject knowledge is necessary in order to apply the mark scheme. Each examiner will receive an agreed allocation of scripts.
We are also recruiting for:
- To mark accurately and consistently to ensure overall standards are maintained
- To submit samples to your Team Leader at designated times
- To ensure milestones for marking are adhered to
- To ensure all administration is completed as specified
Experience/ Qualifications Needed
- You will have one academic year's worth of teaching experience:
- a. within the last 8 years
- b. within the relevant qualification and subject
- You will have a degree or equivalent
- You will have the ability to work well under pressure
- You will have the ability to meet deadlines
- You will have a high level of subject knowledge in order to apply the mark scheme
- The marking period is between May - July.
- The training required to mark as an examiner will take place between May and June.
Welcome to Pearson, the world's leading learning company. We have a simple mission: to help people make more of their lives through learning. We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in a range of General and Vocational courses.
How to apply
To take advantage of this opportunity complete our online application
Advertise your teaching vacancy
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.
Hear about new jobs
Be the first to hear about new jobs by signing up for our email alerts.