International School BruneiSchool website
Posted 9th April 2018
- On Application
- Job location:
- Brunei Darussalam
- Closing date:
- August 2018
- Interview date(s):
- To be confirmed
- Start date:
- August 2018
Do you want to:
• Live on the beautiful island of Borneo, on the edge of the World’s oldest rainforest and next to the South China Sea?
• Work in a brand new building, with quality resources at your fingertips?
• Teach a genuinely international student body of over 40 nationalities, aged from 3-18?
• Deliver the British Curriculum (leading to IGCSEs and the IB Diploma) to curious, attentive and committed students, who achieve results which are consistently well above World Averages?
• Have access to a wealth of travel opportunities around South East Asia, for weekend breaks and longer holidays?
If the answer to the above questions is yes, then you may be the person we are looking for.
The International School, Brunei is expanding and looking to fill the position of English teacher. As a non-profit institution, the school has been servicing the needs of the expatriate and local community for over 50 years and is looking for well-qualified, committed new staff. ISB occupies two sites; the main site in Bandar Seri Begawan has c. 1250 students and a site in the oil town of Kuala Belait, 60 miles to the south, with a roll of c. 150 students. Our Bandar site occupies a new, purpose-built, multi-million dollar campus with all amenities, which opened in 2015. It is for this campus that we are seeking new staff members. We particularly welcome applications from teaching couples.
We offer the EYFS programme for Early Years, and an adapted UK National Curriculum from Year 1 to Year 9, followed by IGCSE and the International Baccalaureate Diploma. The school enjoys healthy examination pass rates with almost one third of all IGCSE exams taken between 2013 & 2017 graded A/A*; the IB Diploma pass rate was 95%, with scores which consistently world average. The multi-cultural and family atmosphere is enriched by a student roll of 43 different nationalities and a faculty mainly derived from the UK and New Zealand, with another 16 countries represented.
Brunei Darussalam itself is a modern, oil-rich state nestled on the rain-forested island of Borneo, beside the South China Sea. It has a sunny sub-tropical climate, an extremely family-friendly lifestyle, a good standard of living and travel opportunities within the wider Asia region.
As a result of our continued expansion, we require a full time teacher of English to join our department of five specialists, commencing in August 2018.
We have dedicated English rooms, equipped with a range of up to date resources, built around a shared space providing opportunities for learning outside the classroom. As a 1:1 laptop/MacBook school, we have invested in online resources, and endeavour to utilise modern technology where appropriate.
As an IB Diploma school, English is compulsory for all students in the Secondary phase, and we offer a range of courses to suit the needs of our students, from KS3 English, to IGCSE English Language and IGCSE English Literature, and as would be expected, various combinations of English at both Standard and Higher Levels at IB.
How to apply
Interested candidates are asked to submit the following documents:
• A letter of application detailing why you wish to work as ISB, the impact you have had in your current and previous roles, and how this would be of benefit to the ISB community (max 2 sides of A4)
• A CV documenting your employment history to date, your qualifications, and your personal information (such as date of birth, family situation and number of dependents - all of which are important to us in terms of visa applications).
• The names and contact details (including a telephone number) for three professional referees, one of whom must be your current Headteacher/Principal
Your application should be emailed to the HR Manager, Maia Aziz: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details of the position on offer, please download our application pack, which gives details of the position, the employment package on offer, and further details on what to expect from ISB & Brunei Darussalam.
Name: Maia Aziz
Advertise your teaching vacancy
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.
Hear about new jobs
Be the first to hear about new jobs by signing up for our email alerts.