Exam Workshops for Students
AQA A Level Psychology Strong Foundations Workshops
- Levels: AS, A Level
- Exam boards: AQA
Join Anna, Hayley, Jess, Anne and the rest of the tutor2u Psychology team for this intensive one-day exam skills and revision workshops for all Year 13 AQA A-Level Psychology Students! Visiting London (26 &27 Nov), Birmingham (28 Nov), Manchester (29 Nov) and Leeds (30 Nov).
Registration on the day opens 45 minutes before the event's start time.
About this event
The A Level Psychology Strong Foundations workshop is designed to support Year 13 AQA A Level Psychology students.
The workshop focuses on the skills students need to succeed in summer 2019, using feedback from the 2018 exams to focus skills development.
The Strong Foundations workshop format is designed to:
- Reinforce core A Level Psychology teaching content that has been taught so far, including key foundation topics from Year 1
- Enable students to catch-up with, and re-cap key topics from Year 1 (AS) that will may be examined in the terminal exams but which will not be taught again
- Build student understanding of, and confidence in the core assessment skills that they need to master in order to perform strongly in the three terminal papers.
- Help students prepare effectively, and provide a focus for mock exams
The A Level Psychology Strong Foundations Workshop combines:
- Four hours of intensive large-group tuition by our experienced A Level Psychology presenter team
- An enlarged workshop booklet containing all the session content, extension activities, guidance on exam-board specific exam technique and other essential revision materials
WORKSHOP SESSION DESCRIPTIONS
Session 1: Nailing the content (AO1)
In this session we’ll be taking a look at some of the common A01 mistakes that students make. We’ll focus on key strategies students can use to ensure that their A01 is precise, detailed and filled with key terminology.
Session 2: Application, the Sneaky Skill (A02)
Focusing on application skills we’ll take a look at what the examiner is looking for with the A02 skill and the best way students can ensure that they can maximise their A02 marks. There is even a rumour that there will be some Love Island themed content in this session!
Session 3: Evaluation ‘Let’s go all the way! (A03)
Evaluation is always an area where students let themselves down so we’ll be introducing 5 magic ingredients for you to use to ensure that your A03 is always top notch.
Session 4: Let’s Get Ready for Research Methods
As its worth 30% of the marks in the A-Level we’ll unpick some of the tricky skills in research methods and demonstrate how to maximise your marks in this topic. We’ll also be running one of our famed tutor2u experiments live!
A place at this event costs £25+VAT for the day of tuition. This includes a comprehensive workshop booklet which also includes follow-up revision materials. For every 10 student places you book, a teacher can go free.
Anne is a highly experienced teacher who was also Head of Psychology in a sixth form college for a number of years. In addition, Anne has many years experience as both an examiner and senior examiner for AQA.
Anna Stapleton is an experienced psychology teacher and examiner. She has experience of AQA, OCR and IB Psychology.