Essential Economics in Year 2: Teaching Resource Pack
- Levels: AS, A Level
- Exam boards: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, Eduqas, WJEC
This resource comprises the 80+ digital teaching & learning resources provided to delegates attending the Essential Economics in Year 2 CPD course run by tutor2u.
- SKU: 02-4015-10812-01
School network license
- £100.00 (+VAT)
Added to your Shopping Cart!
PLEASE NOTE: THESE INDIVIDUAL TOPIC TEACHING RESOURCES ARE DRAWN FROM THE VAULT OF TRIED AND TESTED RESOURCES DEVELOPED BY TUTOR2U ECONOMICS CONTRIBUTORS.
SOME OF THESE RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE SEPARATELY AND/OR HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN OTHER CPD RESOURCE PACKS FOR SPECIFIC COURSES
SOME ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE IN THE TUTOR2U STORE
The teaching & learning resources included in this digital pack are:
YEAR 2 MICRO: COST / REVENUE THEORY & COMPETITIVE MARKET STRUCTURES
- Daisy’s Diner. A simulation to support the teaching of the principal-agent problem
- Profit v Not For Profit. A sorting activity looking at alternative business objectives
- Business Growth Key Term Match. Apply types of business growth to real business case studies
- Growing Pains. Apply constraints on growth to real business case studies
- Diminishing Marginal Returns. A practical classroom simulation
- EconoArt – Economies and Diseconomies of Scale. A creative activity
- Production Line Challenge. A PowerPoint based game focusing on economies/diseconomies of scale
- Efficiency Advisor. Apply types of efficiency to a range of hypothetical businesses
- Pin the Tail. A kinaesthetic activity supporting the teaching of costs/revenue diagrams
- Market Structures Matrix. A card-sort activity linking market examples with market structures
- Concentration Ratio Pyramids. A basis for calculating concentration ratios
- Perfectly Competitive Potato. A simulation / worksheet to support the PC diagrams
- The Parable of the Lettuce Farmer. Another simulation / worksheet to support the PC diagrams.
- DynaMIX. An activity to support analysis / AO3 skills in relation to market structures
- Contestability Boxing. A PowerPoint based kinaesthetic activity to assess the degree of contestability
- Contestability Spectrum. A kinaesthetic activity to support Ao4 / evaluation skills
YEAR 2 MICRO: CONCENTRATED MARKETS, COMPETITION POLICY & LABOUR MARKETS
- The Oligopoly Game
- Concentration Ratios Pyramid
- You be the Judge
- Papa’s Pizza
- Silent Debate
- Regulatory Capture
- Privatisation Pros and Cons
- Competition Policy Mini Briefs
- Diagram Disaster – improve accuracy of cost/revenue diagrams by hunting for deliberate errors
- Market Structure Matrix – organise market / industry examples into their closest structure
- Diagram Spotlight – test knowledge of key diagrams by revealing just a little at a time
- Back to Back diagrams e.g. Price Discrimination
- Which Wage?
- Value of a Job to Society
- Determinants of Labour Supply
- Discrimination in the Workplace
- Labour Market Quantitative Skills booklet
- Labour Markets Mini Briefs
- Minimum Wage Experiment
YEAR 2 MACRO: TRADE TOPICS
- Think Global. Interactive PowerPoint game investigating international relationships
- The International Trade Game. Kinaesthetic classroom simulation
- Comparative Advantage. Accessible calculation resource
- Terms of Trade. Data interpretation, calculation practice and application skills
- Balance of Payments calculation mat
- Exchange Rate Simulation. Full lesson interactive kinaesthetic simulation
- Exchange Rate Systems. Matching activity
- Pass the Baton. Review activity – customiSable to any topic!
- Drain the Swamp. Review of macro policies
- Government Game. PowerPoint based economic policy simulation game
- Strong Bonds. Practising analytical chains
- Team Bonding. Deeper understanding of bond markets through games
- How Times Change. Compare and contrast exercise on fiscal policy through time
- Paragraph Paramedic. Essay writing improvement
- ScriptAdvisor, Approach to peer marking
- Keynesian v Classical Thinking. Full lesson resource on teaching this fundamental topic
- Liquidity Spectrum. Mix and match card sort
- Meet the MPC. PowerPoint based monetary policy simulation
- On Target. Resource to support the teaching of inflation targeting
- Threats to the Federal Reserve. Data response practice on central bank independence
YEAR 2 MACRO: FINANCIAL MARKETS, DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS & POVERTY & INEQUALITY
- Money Market Diagrams
- Debt v Equity
- Could I be an Elephant?
- Credit Check
- Liquidity Spectrum
- Financial Advisor
- Meet the MPC
- Quantity Theory of Money
- Pass the Baton
- Financial Markets Failure
- Financial Crisis Speed Dating
- Great Depression v Global Financial Crisis
- Don’t Repeat Ronnie
- Too Big to fail
- Economic Growth and Development
- Better Life Index Hierarchy
- Higher or Lower
- The Next Best Thing
- The Development Trap
- Spotlight on Development
- Dutch Disease
- Evidence Hunter (MNCs)
School network license
This licence permits you to make the resource available to all student and staff in the subscribing institution, either in digital and/or print form (including photocopying).
The resource may be distributed via a secure virtual learning environment, however it must not be made available on any public or insecure website or other platform.
The resource may not be distributed to other institutions that are members of the same academy chain or similar organisation; each individual institution must have a separate school network licence.
Student personal license
This licence is for the personal use of a student only.
The resource may be stored in digital and/or print format. It may not be distributed to any other person, nor used for teaching with groups of more than one student. The resource may not be shared with any other person in any way.
If your purchase is available as an 'Instant Download' and you choose this format, your resources will be available for download immediately after checkout within your mytutor2u account. If you do not already have an account, you will create one as part of the checkout process.
Printed Editions, Physical Packs and Files on CD
If your purchase is available as a 'Printed Edition', 'Physical Pack', or 'Files on CD' and you choose one of these formats, tutor2u uses Royal Mail first class post to deliver your resources. In most cases, it will arrive the following day, but at busy times can take up to 3 days.
The office is open Monday to Friday, so any orders placed after 3.30 pm on a Friday or at the weekend, will not be shipped until the following Monday.
Due to the nature of our digital resources, we do not normally offer any refunds for materials purchased from us. Our materials are not sold with digital rights protection - you are able to use them straightaway without password protection.
Each of our learning resources has a sample, extract, preview or detailed description supplied which clearly describes the content and purpose of each item. This gives you - the customer - a clear understanding of what you are purchasing.
Due to immediate access of instant downloads, no refunds will be offered.
Printed Editions, Physical Packs and Files on CD
If you are unhappy with the content of your tutor2u resources, please let us know why and we will do all that is reasonable to meet your requirements.
If you have received damaged merchandise such as a faulty CD-ROM, then we will ship another CD free of charge.
We will endeavour to arrange the appropriate refund or return within 7 working days of the matter being notified to our office.
To contact the tutor2u office about your transaction, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the office on 0844 800 0085.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Subscribe to email updates from tutor2u Economics
Join 1000s of fellow Economics teachers and students all getting the tutor2u Economics team's latest resources and support delivered fresh in their inbox every morning.
Our A Level Economics Grade Booster workshops are designed to provide essential revision support to all A Level Economics students as they complete their preparation for the three terminal papers...
Designed to support Year 12 students in the first year of taking A Level Economics, our Flying Start Student Workshops focus on the core Year 1 teaching content and aim to build...
Subject Leader or Teacher of Business Studies and Economics 4 days left to apply
Wycombe High School, High WycombeNew
Subject Leader in Maths & Further Maths 3 days left to apply
Newcastle College, Newcastle & Stafford
Undergraduate Student Adviser 4 days left to apply
The London School of Economics and Political Science, London
- Browse all jobs ›
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.