Essential Economics in Year 1: Teaching Resource Pack
- Levels: AS, A Level
- Exam boards: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, Eduqas, WJEC
This resource comprises the 70+ digital teaching & learning resources provided to delegates attending the Essential Economics in Year 1 CPD course run by tutor2u.
- SKU: 02-4015-10811-01
- £100.00 (+VAT)
Added to your Shopping Cart!
PLEASE NOTE: THESE INDIVIDUAL TOPIC TEACHING RESOURCES ARE DRAWN FROM THE VAULT OF TRIED AND TESTED RESOURCES DEVELOPED BY TUTOR2U ECONOMICS CONTRIBUTORS.
SOME OF THESE RESOURCES ARE AVAILABLE FOR SALE SEPARATELY AND/OR HAVE BEEN INCLUDED IN OTHER CPD RESOURCE PACKS FOR SPECIFIC COURSES
SOME ARE AVAILABLE FOR FREE DOWNLOAD ELSEWHERE IN THE TUTOR2U STORE
The individual teaching resources included in this pack are:
YEAR 1 MICRO: HOW MARKETS WORK
- Swipe It! Positive and Normative statements
- Decisions Decisions! Trade-offs
- Opportunity Island. Decision making / trade-offs / PPFs
- Special Cars. Division of Labour
- Survival Game / The Island. Division of Labour
- Comparative advantage with Annie and Bertie. Specialisation and comparative advantage
- Could I be an Elephant? Functions of Money
- The Liquidity Spectrum. Types of money
- The Living Free Market. Economic Systems
- The Economy Spectrum. Economic Systems applied to different economies
- Kit Kat Auction, Law of Demand
- Demand Street, factors affecting demand
- XED Picture Matching, cross elasticity of demand
- Elasticities Apprentice, revision of elasticities
- Job Interview, revision of elasticities
- Market Equilibrium worksheet and Market Diagram worksheet, price determination
- Interaction between Markets, inter-related markets
- VAT matching, indirect taxes
- Behavioural Economics thought experiments, irrationality
YEAR 1 MICRO: MARKET FAILURE AND GOVERNMENT INTERVENTION
- Externalities Mystery, consider new building projects from the point of view of different stakeholders
- Externalities Experiment, interactive simulation looking at externalities
- RedSands, interactive simulation on cost-benefit analysis
- The Big Congestion Picture, creative discussion exercise exploring the externalities associated with congestion
- Public Goods Worksheet and discussion exercise
- What Went Wrong? Application of types of government failure
- Control the Child, consider interventions and their relative merits using a more familiar context
- Obesity Colour Chaos Essay, support the teaching of assessment objectives at the same time as considering government interventions to correct market failure
- Cause poster, a useful mnemonic for teaching government failure
- Play Nicely, move beyond the standard solutions to market failure and deploy some behavioural economics ideas
- Spot the Market Failure poster discussion
YEAR 1 MACRO: MEASURING THE ECONOMY
- Kinesthetic circular flow, team practical activity to develop an understanding of the macroeconomy
- Mean and Median cards, supporting essential quantitative skills
- The Better Life Index, combine weighted indices and an understanding of development measures
- Economic cycle in pictures, discussion activity to help students develop application skills
- What does Economic Growth look like? Creative activity to make connections between macro topics
- Aggregate demand theory buster worksheet true/false, knowledge testing
- AD and AS diagrams, practice essential macro diagrams
- Aggregate demand cubes, revision activity on factors affecting AD
- Index numbers PowerPoint activity, essential quantitative skills practice
- Keynesian v Classical Thinking, introduction to a key debate in macro models
- AD/AS investigators, application of the AD/AS framework to real-world examples
- The Six Stages of Sid (helps with understanding people’s decisions to work for certain wage rates)
- What does unemployment look like?, creative activity to make connection between macro topics
- Flexible Flexibilities, factors that determine labour market flexibility
- Unemployment Types, categorise the different types of unemployment
- Minister for unemployment, assess policies for tackling different types of unemployment
- Penalty Shoot Out / Higher Lower for inflation weights, PowerPoint activities
- Back to Back Phillips Curve, practice accurate diagrams and effective communication
- The Bigger Picture, revision and making connections between trade-related topics
- Balance of Payments, kinaesthetic calculation activity
- The International Trade Game, a full lesson team-game simulation of factors affecting trade
- Think Global, PowerPoint based game encouraging students to think about international trade decisions
- Curing a Current Account Deficit, discussion and card-sort activity
YEAR 1 MACRO: MACROECONOMIC POLICY
- VAT matching
- Strong bonds
- Team Bonding
- Fiscal Budget Time
- How Times Change
- The Government Game
- Meet the MPC
- Base Rate Dilemma
- Quantitative easing
- Supply side policies
- Labour Markets Quantitative Skills booklet
- Power of the Trade Union
- Skills Superheroes
- Flexible Flexibilities
- Value of a Job to Our Society
- The Inequality Pyramid
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Labour Market Issues
School network license
This licence permits you to make the resource available to all student and staff in the subscribing institution, either in digital and/or print form (including photocopying).
The resource may be distributed via a secure virtual learning environment, however it must not be made available on any public or insecure website or other platform.
The resource may not be distributed to other institutions that are members of the same academy chain or similar organisation; each individual institution must have a separate school network licence.
Student personal license
This licence is for the personal use of a student only.
The resource may be stored in digital and/or print format. It may not be distributed to any other person, nor used for teaching with groups of more than one student. The resource may not be shared with any other person in any way.
If your purchase is available as an 'Instant Download' and you choose this format, your resources will be available for download immediately after checkout within your mytutor2u account. If you do not already have an account, you will create one as part of the checkout process.
Printed Editions, Physical Packs and Files on CD
If your purchase is available as a 'Printed Edition', 'Physical Pack', or 'Files on CD' and you choose one of these formats, tutor2u uses Royal Mail first class post to deliver your resources. In most cases, it will arrive the following day, but at busy times can take up to 3 days.
The office is open Monday to Friday, so any orders placed after 3.30 pm on a Friday or at the weekend, will not be shipped until the following Monday.
Due to the nature of our digital resources, we do not normally offer any refunds for materials purchased from us. Our materials are not sold with digital rights protection - you are able to use them straightaway without password protection.
Each of our learning resources has a sample, extract, preview or detailed description supplied which clearly describes the content and purpose of each item. This gives you - the customer - a clear understanding of what you are purchasing.
Due to immediate access of instant downloads, no refunds will be offered.
Printed Editions, Physical Packs and Files on CD
If you are unhappy with the content of your tutor2u resources, please let us know why and we will do all that is reasonable to meet your requirements.
If you have received damaged merchandise such as a faulty CD-ROM, then we will ship another CD free of charge.
We will endeavour to arrange the appropriate refund or return within 7 working days of the matter being notified to our office.
To contact the tutor2u office about your transaction, please email email@example.com or call the office on 0844 800 0085.
This returns policy does not affect your statutory rights.
Our A Level Economics Grade Booster workshops are designed to provide essential revision support to all A Level Economics students as they complete their preparation for the three terminal papers...
Designed to support Year 12 students in the first year of taking A Level Economics, our Flying Start Student Workshops focus on the core Year 1 teaching content and aim to build...
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.