Unit 4 Macro: The Failure of Austerity
Here is a selection of links and news videos on the vexed economic, social and political issue of fiscal austerity - there is a particular focus on the effects of austerity in the debt-ridden crisis countries of the Euro Zone
· A debt write down might stop the vultures feasting on Greece (Guardian, May 2012)
· Capital flight causing problems in Greece (BBC news, May 2012)
· End Depression Now! Paul Krugman at the LSE (Tutor2u, May 2012)
· Euro Zone crisis (Guardian articles)
· Europe clings to scorched-earth ideology as depression deepens (Telegraph, December 2012)
· Greece as victim (Paul Krugman, New York Times, 2012)
· Greece slips to 94th in corruption index as austerity makes it EU's weakest link (Guardian, Dec 2012)
· Greece will leave the Euro in 12 months (Paul Krugman, Independent, May 2012)
· Greece, the up-side of default (BBC news, May 2012)
· Greek government austerity measures (BBC news, October 2011)
· Joseph Stiglitz: Austerity not the way to go for Europe (BBC October 2011)
· Profile: IMF and the World Bank (BBC, 2012)
· Struggling Greeks losing belief in the State (BBC, Paul Mason, Feb 2012)
· The euro is heading for a permanent state of depression (Telegraph, October 2012)
· The Euro is killing southern Europe, lesson from Argentina (Slate, 2011)
· What if Greece quits the Euro? (BBC)News videos
More From the Digital Store
A comprehensive series of topic-by-topic study notes to support students on Section 4 (Development Economics) of the IB Diploma in Economics. It covers both the SL and HL content of the...
This pack contains a full copy of the bumper collection of teaching & learning resources (print and digital) provided to delegates attending our recent Teaching the New Edexcel A Level Economics ...
A superb set of key topic lesson worksheets & answers for the Year 2 teaching content of Edexcel A Level Economics (A), including a series of synoptic worksheets to help linear revision.
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.