Teaching Macro: Charts on the US Economy
As President Barack Obama prepares for his second inauguration I have put together this set of twenty five charts on the state of play for the US economy. An underlying awareness of some of the major challenges facing the world's largest economy provides great context for students writing on many other issues, for example US-China trade relationships, or connections between the USA and her NAFTA partners or emerging economies in Latin and South America.
The charts cover the following areas:
- Economic Growth
- Growth and Inflation
- Monetary Policy Interest Rates
- Real GDP and Employment
- Duration of unemployment in the US
- Payroll Employment
- Manufacturing Employment
- Government borrowing and debt
- US Government Bond Yields
- Real per capita incomes
- Gini Coefficient for the USA
- Share of Income by Quintile
- Selected US House Price Indices
- New Housing Starts in the USA
- Loan Delinquency Rates
- US Trade Balance
- USA - World Export Share and Potential GDP Growth
- USA Current Account Balance with Canada and Mexico
- Export share and import penetration
- USA Savings Ratio and Current Account Balance (BoP)
- USA Current Account – Selected Countries
- USA External Debt
- Trade Weighted Value of the $
- Monthly sales of vehicles
- Apple and Google Share Prices
More From the Digital Store
Topic-by-topic editable PowerPoints for teaching all aspects of the specification content for Year 1 in OCR A Level Economics.
A comprehensive series of topic-by-topic study notes to support students on Section 1 (Microeconomics) of the IB Diploma in Economics. It covers both the SL and HL content of the IB...
Comprehensive, topic-by-topic study notes for the Year 2 teaching content of the Edexcel (A) A Level Economics specification.
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.