Econ in the news
A random selection of economics in the news today to discuss with your classes, especially for immersing the new AS macro pupils in the subject:
From the news today:
- High tax rate harms UK economy : Good to discuss concepts such as incentives to work; brain drain; Laffer curve; elasticities; labour mobility ; tax evasion vs tax avoidance
- Greece to speed up cost cutting : Good for discussing fiscal austerity; Eurozone debt crisis;
- UK international competitives falls : Good for discussing factors that affect international competitiveness on the A2 course
- Google’s antitrust raids : The new Microsoft.
- Childcare costs in UK soar : Good for ideas on child poverty; labour market immobility; supply side policies
More From the Digital Store
Ideal for new or inexperienced Economics teachers, this pack contains a full copy of all the teaching & learning resources provided to delegates on our New to Teaching AQA A Level...
A full copy of all the teaching & learning resources provided to delegates attending the Achieving A* in A Level Economics course
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.