Econ in the news
A random selection of economics in the news today to discuss with your classes, especially for immersing the new AS macro pupils in the subject:
From the news today:
- High tax rate harms UK economy : Good to discuss concepts such as incentives to work; brain drain; Laffer curve; elasticities; labour mobility ; tax evasion vs tax avoidance
- Greece to speed up cost cutting : Good for discussing fiscal austerity; Eurozone debt crisis;
- UK international competitives falls : Good for discussing factors that affect international competitiveness on the A2 course
- Google’s antitrust raids : The new Microsoft.
- Childcare costs in UK soar : Good for ideas on child poverty; labour market immobility; supply side policies
More From the Digital Store
A comprehensive collection of editable lesson topic worksheets to support the teaching of the core teaching content Year 1 (AS) A Level Economics specification.
A comprehensive series of topic-by-topic study notes to support students on Section 1 (Microeconomics) of the IB Diploma in Economics. It covers both the SL and HL content of the IB...
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.