Recruitment: Internal v External Recruitment
- Levels: GCSE, AS, A Level
- Exam boards: AQA, Edexcel, OCR, IB, Other, Pre-U
A business can recruit in two different ways:
- Internal recruitment is when the business looks to fill the vacancy from within its existing workforce
- External recruitment is when the business looks to fill the vacancy from any suitable applicant outside the business
Of course, the option to use BOTH internal and external recruitment can be used. This is often the case for senior management appointments.
- Cheaper and quicker to recruit
- People already familiar with the business and how it operates
- Provides opportunities for promotion with in the business – can be motivating
- Business already knows the strengths and weaknesses of candidates
- Limits the number of potential applicants
- No new ideas can be introduced from outside
- May cause resentment amongst candidates not appointed
- Creates another vacancy which needs to be filled
- Outside people bring in new ideas
- Larger pool of workers from which to find the best candidate
- People have a wider range of experience
- Longer process
- More expensive process due to advertising and interviews required
- Selection process may not be effective enough to reveal the best candidate
From the Reference Library
Short exam-style and exam-standard assessment papers (with mark schemes) to help test specific sections of an entire specification.
An exam-style and exam-standard end of unit assessment for Edexcel A Level Business Theme 1.4 Managing People.
From the Blog
Our Edexcel A Level Business Grade Booster workshops are designed to provide essential revision support to Edexcel Business students as they complete their preparation for the three terminal papers at...
Designed to support all Year 12 students in the first year of taking A Level Business, our Flying Start Student Workshops focus on the core Year 1 teaching content and assessment skills.
Topic-by-topic worksheets and exam-style case studies - ideal for teaching individual topics for the whole Year 1 (AS) teaching content for AQA A Level Business.
- More premium resources ›
Much cheaper & more effective than TES or the Guardian. Reach the audience you really want to apply for your teaching vacancy by posting directly to our website and related social media audiences.