Any students struggling with Natural Monopoly? Have a watch and share this video by a new YouTube Economics tutorial provider to gain full understanding.
As an Economics teacher at Bromsgrove School, I have taken the opportunity to make video tutorials of all key Economics content covered in AS, A Level (all boards) and IB Economics for the aid of my students and department at Bromsgrove School and as it turns out, for students worldwide.
The videos produced have been extremely popular at Bromsgrove, they are used as starters and plenaries for recap, set to watch for homework (used as a flipped learning exercise) and also used to understand exam technique in order to score well in examinations. The significance of rewinding, pausing and fast forwarding cannot be understated – for students to learn at their own pace is a notoriously difficult task for teachers to implement in class, technology like this helps no end.
My channel is EconplusDal on YouTube where you will find separate playlists that cover the major key content of AS, A2 and IB microeconomics. Although there is excellent content by other providers out there, I try to offer something unique to my students, where exam technique, Oxbridge extension material and evaluation skills all are videos included in depth, gaps which haven’t been filled by current YouTube ‘tutors’.
So next time you’re on YouTube or if you’re trying to find ways to help a struggling student – think EconplusDal! Please do like, comment and subscribe and spread the word to colleagues and other departments. Have a watch and let me know what you think. One content video will feature every Monday with an extension video to feature every Friday
blog comments powered by Disqus
Dates and Locations
AS & A2 Economics - Macroeconomics: National & International Economy (Unit 2), Global/International Economy (Unit 4)
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Wednesday 26 March 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Thursday 27 March 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Friday 28 March 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Tuesday 1 April 2014 - Gateshead (Metro Centre)
- Wednesday 2 April 2014 - Leeds (The Light)
- Thursday 3 April 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
Post-Easter (AS Economics Units 1&2 Combined; Global/International Economy (Unit 4))
- Monday 28 April 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Tuesday 29 April 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Thursday 1 May 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Friday 2 May 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|