We frequently use infographics in class to help pupils digest certain tricky concepts and to add some colour and spice to otherwise dry theory.
1/ This one brought some life to the key term discretionary income and how it changes over a lifetime
2/ I’ve been using this one for years to help students get to grips with inflation, the concept of weights, expenditure survey categories, basket of goods etc.
3/ Here’s another my A2 Micro students found when researching innovation, patents and dynamic efficiency .
The New York Times has done a whole series on Teaching with Infographics with a great selection of economics related content (scroll halfway down the page).
They’ve also designed lesson plans for econ teachers to use like this one on the consequences European countries face by being in debt.
Of course some infographics are perhaps less trustworthy than others so like many web resources it’s a good idea to make sure that the data is well balanced and from respected sources as discussed here.
Below (source) is a great example of how you can use statistics and graphs to pretty much prove anything you fancy!
blog comments powered by Disqus
Dates and Locations
AS & A2 Economics - Macroeconomics: National & International Economy (Unit 2), Global/International Economy (Unit 4)
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Wednesday 26 March 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Thursday 27 March 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Friday 28 March 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Tuesday 1 April 2014 - Gateshead (Metro Centre)
- Wednesday 2 April 2014 - Leeds (The Light)
- Thursday 3 April 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
Post-Easter (AS Economics Units 1&2 Combined; Global/International Economy (Unit 4))
- Monday 28 April 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Tuesday 29 April 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Thursday 1 May 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Friday 2 May 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|