There will be a veritable flood of new books on the financial crisis hitting the bookstores this summer. I reviewed John Calverley’s new book on Bubble Economies in an earlier blog and I am looking forward to getting stuck into two new books written from a UK perspective.
Paul Mason is Newnight’s Economics Correspondent and he has been on fine form for some time looking at the social and economic background to the recession and its aftermath. His new book published by Verso and due to be published in early April is entited Meltdown - the end of the age of greed.
Vince Cable, the highly popular and effective Economics Spokesperson for the Liberal Democrats also has a new book due for imminent publication - The Storm, The World Economic Crisis and What it Means
Both are now available for pre-order from Amazon.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Dates and Locations
AS & A2 Economics - Macroeconomics: National & International Economy (Unit 2), Global/International Economy (Unit 4)
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Wednesday 26 March 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Thursday 27 March 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Friday 28 March 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Tuesday 1 April 2014 - Gateshead (Metro Centre)
- Wednesday 2 April 2014 - Leeds (The Light)
- Thursday 3 April 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
Post-Easter (AS Economics Units 1&2 Combined; Global/International Economy (Unit 4))
- Monday 28 April 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Tuesday 29 April 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Thursday 1 May 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Friday 2 May 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|