Get Summer 2014 Right First Time with tutor2u Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops
Huge variations in the growth rates of G20 Economies should provide for classroom discussion on limits to growth and strategies to promote growth, particlarly in a developed world setting.
The latest data released by the OECD has shown that the G20's top performing economy, China, grew at an annualised rate of 7.6% whilst the weakest member, Italy, saw there economy shrink by 2.6%. The UK is the only other G20 economy to show negative growth.
The EU and the Eura area had annualised negative growth rates whilst also their seeing inflation figures for August rise to 2.7% and 2.6% respectively.
This video shows the differences in growth rates across the OECD and emerging economies. The OECD Chief Economist, Pier Carlo Padoan, puts forward the case for ECB and EU stimuli for growth.
blog comments powered by Disqus
Dates and Locations
AS & A2 Economics - Microeconomics: Markets & Market Failure (Unit 1), Business Economics (Unit 3)
- Monday 20 January 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Tuesday 21 January 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Wednesday 22 January 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Thursday 23 January 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Friday 24 January 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
AS & A2 Economics - Macroeconomics: National & International Economy (Unit 2), Global/International Economy (Unit 4)
- Tuesday 25 March 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Wednesday 26 March 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Thursday 27 March 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Friday 28 March 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Tuesday 1 April 2014 - Gateshead (Metro Centre)
- Wednesday 2 April 2014 - Leeds (The Light)
- Thursday 3 April 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
Post-Easter (AS Economics Units 1&2 Combined; Global/International Economy (Unit 4))
- Monday 28 April 2014 - London (Stratford City)
- Tuesday 29 April 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
- Wednesday 30 April 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
- Thursday 1 May 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
- Friday 2 May 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|