Economics CPD Courses Coming up this Term!- Book Your Places Now!
The dates and locations for our popular exam technique coaching & revision workshops to prepare AS & A2 Economics students for exams in May & June 2014. The details are listed below together with important information about changes in way that bookings are processed.
Please note that for summer 2014 we are taking confirmed bookings only. Places are allocated on a strictly first-confirmed basis. Once each screen capacity is filled, the event is full and no further bookings can be accepted. Our overall capacity is lower than in previous years and we fully expect each workshop to be fully booked before the Christmas break - so please contact us early to ensure that your students can attend!
A printable booking form can now be downloaded for:
Dates and Locations
AS & A2 Economics - Microeconomics: Markets & Market Failure (Unit 1), Business Economics (Unit 3)
Monday 20 January 2014 - London (Stratford City) - A2 Economics now SOLD OUT
Tuesday 21 January 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
Wednesday 22 January 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
Thursday 23 January 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
Friday 24 January 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays) - AS Economics now SOLD OUT
AS & A2 Economics - Macroeconomics: National & International Economy (Unit 2), Global/International Economy (Unit 4)
Tuesday 25 March 2014 - London (Stratford City)
Wednesday 26 March 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway)
Thursday 27 March 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway)
Friday 28 March 2014 - Birmingham (Star City)
Tuesday 1 April 2014 - Gateshead (Metro Centre)
Wednesday 2 April 2014 - Leeds (The Light)
Thursday 3 April 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays)
Monday 28 April 2014 - London (Stratford City) *
Tuesday 29 April 2014 - London (Fulham Broadway) *
Wednesday 30 April 2014 - Bristol (Cribbs Causeway) *
Thursday 1 May 2014 - Birmingham (Star City) *
Friday 2 May 2014 - Manchester (Salford Quays) *
* The post Easter AS Economics Workshops will also include a Micro (Unit 1) Recap)
A printable booking form can now be downloaded for:
Important Information for Centres About the 2014 Workshop Programme
About the Exam Preparation Courses
Our exam preparation courses combine practice of effective exam technique with structured follow-up revision programmes to support students as they prepare to tackle Linear A Level exams.
Each course is designed to reinforce and build on the completed teaching for the featured unit. The exam techniques covered will enable students to demonstrate the skills required by examiners. However, these need to be practiced in order for them to be successful in the exam hall.
Our follow-up support programme provides students with additional exam-style exercises which encourage them to make the best use of their time between when the unit has been taught in school/college and the actual date of the exam.
All of our exam preparation courses are delivered by experienced educators and take place in modern, multiplex venues. Some of the key benefits which distinguish the tutor2u approach and that have made these courses so popular year after year are:
· Every session features brand-new resources designed by experienced examiners
· Each course is split into five intensive, focused sessions led by a different presenter;
· Each session is interactive, engaging and challenging;
· Each attendee receives a comprehensive, full-colour course booklet, packed with clear, exam-style exercises which we work on during the course;
· Additional follow-up exercises and support material is provided which builds on the content of the day and provides teaches with extra lesson materials;
· Our use of modern cinema screens provides a very different and effective learning environment;
· Our presenters reinforce the key messages around exam skills that may already been passed on in class – a powerful reminder that teachers appreciate.
How to Book Places on these Courses
For 2014 we have changed how places are booked on our exam preparation courses.
In recent programmes we have reluctantly had to refuse “provisional” (possible) bookings from schools and colleges when there were no more places left, which we recognise is unsatisfactory.
For 2014 and beyond the process is as follows:
· We will only accept confirmed bookings
· A confirmed booking commits the school or college (or individual student) to purchase the required number of places. An invoice will be raised for school or college bookings; individual students or private groups will need to pay at the time of booking.
· An online booking form will be provided for each school/college request which should only be completed once a school/college wishes to secure and contract for the places requested.
· Additional places may be requested later. However a separate booking form will need to be submitted.
· Schools and colleges will have the option of being added to a waiting list once all the places for each course have been taken. In the event that tutor2u is able to add additional cinema screen capacity, we will contact those on the waiting list as soon as possible to make those extra places available.
· All confirmed bookings should be paid for before the course date
The price for each student attending a course remains at £20 (+VAT) which we have kept unchanged for the eighth year running. The student price includes a full day of tuition, workshop materials on the day and structured revision support after the course. Please note that students are not provided with lunch or refreshments. However, each of our locations has many accessible outlets from which students can purchase food & drink if needed.
Teacher places at each course are FREE provided that the teacher is accompanying a group of at least 5 students. Each teacher is provided with light refreshments throughout the day including lunch.
Please note that we do not accept individual bookings from teachers
Other Important Information about the Courses
We would draw the attention of teaching colleagues bringing students to our courses to the following important information:
· Our courses typically run from 10.30 a.m. to 3.15 p.m, with a comfort break at Noon and a 50 minute break for lunch at 1.00 p.m.
· Teachers may register their students from 9.30 a.m. at the tutor2u reception desk;
· We recognised that students may be unable to attend a course that they have paid for (often due to ill-health). We will ensure that there are some spare materials that can be picked up by their teacher during the day;
· From our experience, the students who gain the most out of each course are those who are accompanied by teaching colleagues who encourage their pupils to participate during each session and who ensure good behaviour throughout the day;
· tutor2u reserves the right to ask disruptive students to leave the cinema auditorium in order to ensure that the other students benefit in full from the course programme. Students who are asked to leave will not be entitled to a refund and tutor2u will contact the senior management team of the relevant school or college to explain what happened.
· It is the accompanying teacher’s responsibility to register their party with the tutor2u reception desk when they arrive and supervise students so that they are present in the right screen at the right time.
· Our partners Vue Cinema and Odeon Entertainment have made it clear that students are not permitted to enter any screen other than those which are being used by tutor2u during the day. Cinema staff have the right to ask students who enter non-tutor2u screens to leave the building.
Economics CPD Courses in June 2014 - Book Your Places Now!
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|