Our programme of Teacher CPD for AQA AS & A2 Business Studies in 2012/13 is described below. Please use the online booking form provided or contact us in the office (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange places.
AQA AS / A2 Business Studies CPD Programme 2012/13
New to AQA AS Business Studies
Venue: London (Guoman Charing Cross); Date: 20 September 2012
This course provides delegates with a comprehensive resource pack of resources and approaches for the two AS units (BUSS1 & BUSS2). A fantastic course for colleagues who are new to teaching the AQA spec in 2012/13 and also for departments who have recently switched from another exam board.
Step up to A2 Business
Step up to A2 is a resource-packed CPD course aimed specifically at providing a huge boost for colleagues and departments delivering BUSS3 and BUSS4 from the UK’s most popular A level specification.
This brand new CPD focuses exclusively on BUSS3 and BUSS4 and brings together a whole host of resources, techniques and teaching and learning strategies to enable you to deliver A2 with renewed confidence and vigour whether you are new to delivering BUSS3 and BUSS4 or an experienced practitioner.
During the day, we will be looking at some of the following key areas:
• Strategies for improving student’s exam technique, a major challenge for many students when they move from AS to A2
• Teaching tough topics. We will be looking at teaching and learning strategies which focus on some of the more challenging areas of A2 such as Critical Path Analysis, Balance Sheets, Investment Appraisal and the Economic Environment amongst others
• Managing the research theme
As with all of our CPD events, you will be provided with a range of teaching and learning resources which can be taken back to the classroom and used immediately with your students as well as detailed schemes of work for both A2 units AND a free copy of the soon to be released BUSS3 Beat the Teacher, a fantastic thinking skills starter activity covering the entire BUSS3 specification.
AQA Section B Briefing 2012/13
The BUSS4 Section B Briefing has been developed in response to many requests from colleagues for more structured and detailed support on topics which are core to Section B of BUSS4.
The course will provide:
- Detailed briefings on core topics such as: technological change; ethics & culture; change management; leadership; strategic decision-making; business & the economic environment; globalisation and emerging markets
- Advice on relevant and suitable case studies for research
- Suggestions for leading and monitoring student research for Section B
- Guidance on how students can practice their approach to “hybrid” questions - increasingly popular in Section B
This course really is an opportunity to boost and deepen your understanding of quite complex topics which feature in Section B and will undoubtedly save you time once the students begin their BUSS4 studies. So much of the content of BUSS4 can be best delivered through the use of integrated case studies and this course will provide many suitable examples for you to consider.
The first two BUSS4 Section B Briefing Days are being held in London on 12 November and Manchester on 16 November. Places are strictly limited and will be allocated to colleagues who confirm places first. The delegate rate for this course is £190 (+VAT) to include full event refreshments and a comprehensive resource pack which will be of immediate and valuable use in the classroom.
Provisional bookings for this course can now be made here:
The cameras went behind the scenes at one of tutor2u's exam coaching & revision workshops this summer...
Discover more about our intensive exam coaching & revision workshops desiged to prepare for exams in May & June 2015:
|PowerPoint Lesson Activities||Teacher Conferences & CPD Courses|
|Exam Coaching & Revision Workshops||Pre-release Case Study Toolkits|
|A Level Economics Teaching Support||Resources for Business Studies|